|June 15, 2011|
|The BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX Motor-Assisted Bicycle with a Battery Approximately Double the Life and with Safety Features Added to the Three Seat (Rider + Two Children) Function Now on Sale|
Cycle Co. Ltd., (president: Yuji Takeuchi) will release on nationwide
sale from June 25 the BEAUTÉ series, including the motor-assisted
BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX, which is fitted with a long-life 8.1Ah battery providing
approximately double the life-span of conventional batteries and new
safety functions added to the ability to seat three riders (rider + two
The BEAUTÉ made its first appearance in April 2009, and featuring fat tires and a durable frame, it is a bicycle with added safety that resembles the Dutch Bike style common in practical bicycles in Holland by being strong enough to be fitted with child seats. In addition to its sturdy frame, which allows stable riding even when carrying children, it also boasts a low center of gravity design that is easy to mount and dismount.This bicycle has been certified as conforming to the safety standards for bicycles ridden with two child passengers by the Bicycle Association (Japan.) It can also be used as a bicycle for shopping when the children grow up.
The main features of the BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX include a low center of gravity design that makes it easy to mount and dismount when wearing a skirt and when the front child seat is attached, a tough frame that guarantees the strength, rigidity and safety required for three riders (rider + two children,) a sturdy rear pipe carrier to which a rear child seat can be attached, and a handlebar lock function and wide stand to prevent the bicycle from toppling over when parked. It is also equipped with a motor-assisted function that is fitted with "S.P.E.C.3.", which provides finely-tuned assistance in alignment with the gears, and "the Auto Eco Mode Plus" function that automatically controls the assistance power in accordance with all cycling scenarios.
These model improvements also include upgrades to 2011 specifications, covering such elements as large foot guards to protect the feet of children riding on the rear seat, long-life 8.1Ah batteries that can be recharged between 700 and 900 times, or twice the number of recharges available with conventional models, for the motor-assistance function, aluminum housing drive units with improved silence levels, and near-at-hand switches fitted with digital meters.
A total of six models in the BEAUTÉ series, including the BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX, that cover both motor-assisted models capable of accommodating three riders (rider + two children) and normal bicycles will be put on sale.
<Overview of Sales for the BEAUTÉ Series>
Sales Area: Nationwide
Annual Sales Target: 20,000 units
Date of Release: June 25
Standard Cash Retail Price: 41,800 yen to 123,800 yen
BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX BA6L81 T. Mat Black 123,800 yen
*2: Scheduled for sale in August 2011
<New Features of the BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX>
1. Newly-developed, large foot guards to protect the child's feet
Large foot guards to protect the child's feet from all eventualities when the rear child seat is attached. The guards are perforated to lower wind resistance and prevent wobbling when the wind is blowing.
2. Long-life battery with approximately double the life of conventional models
The life-span of conventional batteries (replacement period) was between 350 and 450 recharges, but this long-life battery has doubled this life-span to between 700 and 900* recharges. This means that the total distance that can be cycled with a single battery has been doubled, which provides an economical purchase from the point of view that the extra life represents a full replacement battery with conventional models. The shape of the battery has also been upgraded to enable it to be connected and disconnected with even greater simplicity.
* This figure is a yardstick. The conditions under which this yardstick were established involve an annual recharge count of 200 cycles when used in the standard pattern at a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius. (1 cycle = a full charge after the battery has been allowed to run out.)
3. Aluminum housing drive unit
Equipped with an aluminum housing drive unit that provides improved levels of silence.
4. Main switch equipped with a digital meter
Battery capacity is displayed in units of 10% down until 20% remains, and then in units of 1% for the remaining 20%. The switch alternates between this and the speed display to eradicate anxieties over remaining battery capacity and estimated time of arrival to provide an even higher sense of security.
5. Aurora brakes fitted with high-performance heat discharge fins
Built-in aurora brakes with high levels of performance that are not affected by rainy days.
High-performance heat discharge fins have been newly fitted to prevent grease running out during cooling to improve durability.
6. Black parts on T. Matte Black colors favored by fathers
A sense of color unity has been attained with a combination of black parts against a background of new T. Matte Black colors that are favored by fathers. The black parts are used in combination with T. Matte Black, M. Jewel Brown and P. Prism Wine, and silver parts have been used in combination with E. Cream Ivory and E. Grass Green.
7. White Flash Mini 1W Battery Lamp
1W battery lamps are fitted to all models as standard equipment.
This enables carefree cycling on night roads.
8. E. Mighty Road 4.5 tires with superior levels of anti-wearing performance that provide a light and easy ride
The E. Mighty Road 4.5 front and rear tires are fat (1-1/2) and have high pressure (4.5 atmospheres,) and boast superior levels of anti-wearing performance that provide a light and easy ride.
[ BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX Features]
9. Open wide tough frame
The low center of gravity open wide frame allows easy mounting when wearing skirts and prevents the knees from coming into contact with the front child seat, and has been designed with a tough frame * providing the required strength, rigidity and safety levels for when three people (rider + two children) are on the bicycle to prevent warping and wobble.
* Approximately twice the rigidity of the regular Class 18 frames manufactured by Bridgestone.
10. Rear pipe carrier to which a rear child seat can be attached
The rear pipe carrier is rigid and conforms to Class 27 levels (maximum load of 27kg) for securely attaching the special rear child seat.
11. Temoto de Lock II to prevent toppling
This enables the handlebars to be locked with a near-at-hand switch without taking the hands from the handlebars. It avoids the risk of the bicycle toppling over owing to the unexpected rotation of the handlebars when parked or when unloading baggage.
12. Super Raku-raku Wide Stand to prevent toppling
The wide Super Raku-raku Wide Stand prevents the bicycle from toppling over when parked. The stand can easily be activated even when children are still on the bicycle with the application of the pivot and lever principle.
13. Air Pressure Miharu-kun that informs the owner of low air pressure
A red indicator informs the owner that there is insufficient air in the tires. Maintaining appropriate levels of air in the tires results in improved anti-wearing performance.
14. Solar power and automatically flashing "Solar Tail Lamp II"
Equipped with "the Solar Tail Lamp II", which is fitted with two high-visibility LEDs that flash automatically and operate on solar power.
15. "The Auto Eco Mode Plus" that automatically controls the assistance power in accordance with all traveling scenarios
When [Auto Eco Mode Plus] is selected from the three assistance modes that determine traveling performance, pressure on the pedals is automatically detected to provide automatic control over the assistance power.
This provides the perfect support by applying power when needed and by saving battery power when not needed under all conditions, including when riding up steep gradients, when riding into head winds and when on extended journeys. In addition, it is also possible to select either the [Strong Mode] for increased power and the [Standard Mode] that makes the best use of both power and distance.
16. Warranty on main parts
A warranty on main parts has been added for peace of mind, with a two-year warranty on the battery and a three-year warranty on the frame, the front forks and the drive unit.
17. Complete with a carefree accident insurance package and a three-year theft compensation package
The bicycle comes complete with a compensation service package to cover injuries in the event of accidents while cycling, and a three-year theft compensation package that will discount 70% of the standard cash retail price off a new bicycle in the event of the bicycle being stolen within three years of purchase.
18. Conforms to two-child passenger standards
Authorized in accordance with "the BAA" (bicycle safety standards) enacted by the Bicycle Association, and fitted with the mark "confirming conformance" with "the standards governing two-children riding" as passengers on bicycles. Capable of carrying two children as passengers at the front and rear by attaching the special rear child seat.
19. BAA Standards
Manufactured with environmentally-friendly parts that conform to the BAA (Bicycle Association (JAPAN) Approved) standards that were voluntarily established by the bicycle industry.
20. 24-inch model for riders who are short in stature
The addition of a model with 24-inch wheels enables ladies short in stature at around 141cm to ride the bicycle.
* People of 151cm can ride when three people are on the bicycle (rider + two children.)
* Available only in the normal bicycle models.
[ BEAUTÉ ASSISTA DX Specification Sheet]
(1) Newly-developed, large foot guards to protect the child's feet
(2) "Long-life battery" with approximately double the life of conventional models
(3) Aluminum housing drive unit
(4) Main switch equipped with a digital meter
(5) Aurora brakes fitted with high-performance heat discharge fins
(6) Black parts on T. Matte Black colors favored by fathers
(7) White Flash Mini 1W Battery Lamp
(8) E. Mighty Road 4.5 tires with superior levels of anti-wearing performance that provide a light and easy ride
(9) Open wide tough frame
(10) Rear pipe carrier to which a rear child seat can be attached
(11) Temoto de Lock II to prevent toppling
(12) Super Raku-raku Wide Stand to prevent toppling
(13) Air Pressure Miharu-kun that informs the owner of low air pressure
(14) Solar power and automatically flashing "Solar Tail Lamp II"
(15) "The Auto Eco Mode Plus" that automatically controls the assistance power in accordance with all traveling scenarios
* Warranty on main parts
* Complete with a carefree accident insurance package and a three-year theft compensation package
* Conforms to two-child passenger standards
* BAA Standards