|June 01, 2011|
|The Angelino POSH ASSISTA Three-Seat (Rider + Two Children) Motor-Assisted Bicycle to which New Colored Child Seats and Safety Functions have been Added Now On Sale|
Cycle Co., Ltd. (president: Yuji Takeuchi) will release on nationwide
sale on June 25 a new model in the Angelino series;
the Angelino POSH ASSISTA three-seat (rider + two children) motor-assisted
bicycle to which new colored child seats and
safety functions have been added.
The Angelino is designed as a child care bike to support young mothers by providing superior levels of child safety and comfort, and comes equipped with a special child seat at the front. This bicycle has been certified as conforming to the safety standards for bicycles ridden with two child passengers by the Bicycle Association (Japan,) which were established in 2005 and revised in 2009 to allow three people (rider and two children) to ride on the same bicycle. The high-class and elegantly-colored POSH model was added to the series in 2010. The Angelino has become a byword for child passenger bicycles, with a total of two-hundred and fifty thousand units being sold so far, and it has enjoyed long-lasting popularity amongst our customers.
One of its main features is the front child seat equipped with a reclining function, the first of its type developed within the industry. The bicycle is fully equipped with all functions to guarantee the safety and comfort of children, including a headrest that will protect the child's head in the event of the bicycle toppling over, adjustable headrest and footrests that take the growth of the child into consideration, and a handlebar locking device and wide stand to prevent the bicycle from toppling over when parked. It also boasts low-wobble design handlebars, a low center of gravity frame for easy mounting and that prevents the knees from coming into contact with the child seat, a tough frame providing the required strength, rigidity and safety levels for when three people (rider and two children) are on the bicycle, and a durable pipe carrier at the rear to which a rear child seat can also be fitted. This three-seat (rider + two children) bicycle is also equipped with a motor-assisted function that is fitted with "S.P.E.C.3"., which provides finely-tuned assistance in alignment with the gears, and "the Auto Eco Mode Plus" function that automatically controls the assistance power in accordance with all cycling scenarios.
The new features available in this model upgrade include new colors for the child seat, a large foot guard to protect the feet of children on the rear seat, and a new smart control brake with higher braking power levels*. The motor-assistance functions have also been upgraded to 2011 specifications and include a long-life battery that can be recharged between 700 and 900 times, or twice the number of recharges available with conventional models, a drive unit with improved silence levels, powerful assistance performance, and a near-at-hand switch fitted with a digital meter.
* Available on the DX model.
The Angelino POSH ASSISTA makes a total of eight motor-assisted bicycles for three riders (rider + two children) in the Angelino series, all of which are currently on sale.
<Overview of Sales for the Angelino Series>
Sales Area: Nationwide
Annual Sales Target: 55,000 units
Date of Release: June 25
Standard Cash Retail Price: 67,800 yen to 140,800 yen
Angelino POSH ASSISTA AP6L41 Purple and Pink: 130,800 yen
[New Angelino POSH ASSISTA Features]
1. The Super Angel Seat 2.0 with additional new colors.
Partially upgraded child seats in which the color of the child seats have been converted to gun metal to match up with the high-class and elegant colors of the bicycle. Orange and blue for the seat cushions have been added to the existing pink to match up with the color of the bicycles.
Equipped with a reclining function that can be angled back to between 20 and 30 degrees and that provides a safe and comfortable seating position without leaning forward, a flexible head guard with a thick support cushion that can be adjusted in accordance with growth for increased head protection, slide-type footrests that can be adjusted through six stages in accordance with growth, a soft seat pad that gently guards the passenger from jolts in the road, a three-point seat belt that firmly holds the shoulders in place, a clear front cowling to guarantee both mother and child a unhindered view, grip covers adjustable through three stages that are easy to hold for children, and a shopping basket function that can be used by folding away the foot rests when no passenger is using the seat.
2. Newly-developed, large foot guards to protect the child's feet
Large foot guards to protect the child's feet from all eventualities when the rear child seat is attached. The guards are perforated to lower wind resistance and prevent wobbling when the wind is blowing.
3. Newly-developed Smart Control Brakes that provide even high levels of braking
A newly-developed front brake that provides even high levels of braking in order to ensure that the bicycle stops immediately even with the weaker grip of ladies.
* Available on the DX model.
4. Rear roller brakes with fins to provide heightened heat dispersion
Built-in roller brakes that are not affected by lowered performance on rainy days.
Fitted with fins to heighten heat dispersion, which cools the brake and provides greater durability by preventing the grease from running out.
5. White Flash Mini 1W battery lamp
The 1W battery lamp is fitted as standard equipment to all models. This allows safe cycling even at night.
6. Long-life battery with approximately double the life of conventional models
The life-span of conventional batteries (replacement period) was between 350 and 450 recharges, but this long-life battery has doubled this life-span to between 700 and 900* recharges. This means that the total distance that can be cycled with a single battery has been doubled, which provides an economical purchase from the point of view that the extra life represents a full replacement battery with conventional models. The shape of the battery has also been upgraded to enable it to be connected and disconnected with even greater simplicity.
* This figure is a yardstick. The conditions under which this yardstick were established involve an annual recharge count of 200 cycles when used in the standard pattern at a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius.
(1 cycle = a full charge after the battery has been allowed to run out.)
7. Drive unit with an aluminum housing
Uses a drive unit with an aluminum housing to improve noise suppression performance.
8. Main switch equipped with a digital display
Battery capacity is displayed in units of 10% down until 20% remains, and then in units of 1% for the remaining 20%. The switch alternates between this and the speed display to eradicate anxieties over remaining battery capacity and estimated time of arrival to provide an even higher sense of security.
[Features of the Angelino POSH ASSISTA]
9. "Low-wobble design handlebars" to provide peace of mind when riding with children.
The front child seat is located directly above the handlebar stem to provide a low-wobble design for safety purposes when transporting children. The bicycle uses 22-inch wheels on the front and 26-inch wheels on the rear as part of the low center of gravity design in order to ensure that the height of the child seat is kept as low as possible.
10. Temoto de Lock II to prevent toppling
This enables the handlebars to be locked with a near-at-hand switch without taking the hands from the handlebars. It avoids the risk of the bicycle toppling over owing to the unexpected rotation of the handlebars when parked or when unloading baggage.
11. Super Raku-raku Wide Stand to prevent toppling
The wide Super Raku-raku Wide Stand prevents the bicycle from toppling over when parked.
The stand can easily be activated even when children are still on the bicycle with the application of the pivot and lever principle.
12. Open wide tough frame
The low center of gravity open wide frame allows easy mounting when wearing skirts and prevents the knees from coming into contact with the front child seat, and has been designed with a tough frame * providing the required strength, rigidity and safety levels for when three people (rider and two children) are on the bicycle to prevent warping and wobble.
* Approximately twice the rigidity of the regular Class 18 frames manufactured by Bridgestone.
13. Rear pipe carrier to which a rear child seat can be attached
The rear pipe carrier is rigid and conforms to Class 27 levels (maximum load of 27kg) for securely attaching the special rear child seat.
14. E. Mighty Road 4.5 rear tires with superior levels of anti-wearing performance that provide a light and easy ride
The E. Mighty Road 4.5 rear tires are fat (1-1/2) and have high pressure (4.5 atmospheres,) and boast superior levels of anti-wearing performance that provide a light and easy ride.
15. Air Pressure Miharu-kun that informs the owner of low air pressure
A red indicator informs the owner that there is insufficient air in the tires. Maintaining appropriate levels of air in the tires results in improved anti-wearing.
16. Solar power and automatically flashing "Solar Tail Lamp II"
Equipped with "the Solar Tail Lamp II", which is fitted with two high-visibility LEDs that flash automatically and operate on solar power.
17. "The Auto Eco Mode Plus" that automatically controls the assistance power in accordance with all traveling scenarios
When [Auto Eco Mode Plus] is selected from the three assistance modes that determine traveling performance, pressure on the pedals is automatically detected to provide automatic control over the assistance power. This provides the perfect support by applying power when needed and by saving battery power when not needed under all conditions, including when riding up steep gradients, when riding into head winds and when on extended journeys. In addition, it is also possible to select either the [Strong Mode] for increased power and the [Standard Mode] that makes the best use of both power and distance.
18. Warranty on main parts
A warranty on main parts has been added for peace of mind, with a two-year warranty on the battery and a three-year warranty on the frame, the front forks and the drive unit.
19. Complete with a carefree accident insurance package and a three-year theft compensation package
The bicycle comes complete with a compensation service package to cover injuries in the event of accidents while cycling, and a three-year theft compensation package that will discount 70% of the standard cash retail price off a new bicycle in the event of the bicycle being stolen within three years of purchase.
20. "Conforms to two-child passenger standards"
Authorized in accordance with "the BAA" (bicycle safety standards) enacted by the Bicycle Association, and fitted with the mark "confirming conformance" with "the standards governing two-children riding" as passengers on bicycles. Capable of carrying two children as passengers at the front and rear by attaching the special rear child seat.
21. BAA Standards
Manufactured with environmentally-friendly parts that conform to "the BAA (Bicycle Association (JAPAN) Approved)" standards that were voluntarily established by the bicycle industry.
[Angelino POSH ASSISTA Specification Sheet]
(1) The Super Angel Seat 2.0 with additional new colors
(2) Newly-developed, large foot guards to protect the child's feet
(4) Rear roller brakes with fins to provide heightened heat dispersion
(5) White Flash Mini 1W battery lamp
(6) "Long-life battery" with approximately double the life of conventional models
(7) Drive unit with an aluminum housing
(8) Main switch equipped with a digital display
(9) "Low-wobble design handlebars" to provide peace of mind when riding with children
(10) Temoto de Lock II to prevent toppling
(11) Super Raku-raku Wide Stand to prevent toppling
(12) Open wide tough frame
(13) Rear pipe carrier to which a rear child seat can be attached
(14) E. Mighty Road 4.5 rear tires with superior levels of anti-wearing performance that provide a light and easy ride
(15) Air Pressure Miharu-kun that informs the owner of low air pressure
(16) Solar power and automatically flashing "Solar Tail Lamp II"
(17) "The Auto Eco Mode Plus" that automatically controls the assistance power in accordance with all traveling scenarios