|February 9, 2011|
|A Practical yet Cute Bicycle
The New-Style Cajuna for Commuting High School Girls Now on Sale
Cycle Co., Ltd. (president: Keiji Watanabe) has developed and will release
on nationwide sale on February 15 the Cajuna town bike and school commutation bike for high school girls.
Easy-to ride bicycles (the so-called mama bikes) are the normal means of
transportation for high school girls, and it is no exaggeration
to say that bicycles have yet to become a fashionable item, like clothes
and accessories, for fashion-conscious girls.
However, more attention is being paid recently to bicycles in their role
as an enjoyable part of everyday life, as opposed to just a means of transportation.
The Cajuna was developed as a practical yet cute bicycle in order to emphasis
the wishes of the manufacturers, which are to encourage girls to want bicycles
because they are fun and because they are fashionable items.
The line-up includes two color lines to appeal to high school girls, the
simple and grown-up Basic Line and the casual and fun Pop Line.
In further detail, this line-up features a bow-shaped frame to enable easy pedaling when wearing a skirt, a large basket with a covered base and plenty of room for schoolbags and to prevent even small articles from falling out, a fashionable Terry saddle, a double-sided stand to prevent the bicycle from toppling over, an automatic lamp that does not require batteries, and a cute rear carrier with a rounded shape. In addition, the key, brake wires, saddle and automatic lamps are accented in pink on the Pop Line to provide a more fashionable finish. The name "Cajuna" is taken from the Japanese word for "fruit juice," which is "kaju," in order to appeal to high school girls.
E.X. Modern Blue
P.X. Scenic Black
< Sales Outline of the Cajuna>
1. Sales Area: Nationwide
2. Annual Sales Target: 20,000 units
3. Date of Release: February 15
1. New shape of frame designed to make pedaling easy Uses a new-shaped frame, with the top tube consisting of two thin pipes in a bow shape to enable easy pedaling when wearing a skirt.
New shape of frame
2. Large basket with plenty of room for schoolbags and to prevent even small articles from falling out Uses a new type of basket that is large enough for regular schoolbags to be placed lengthways, and that is made of woven wire with a covered base to prevent cell phones and other small articles from falling out.
Large basket to prevent even small articles from falling out
3. "The White Flash Mini 1W LED Tentomushi Lamp" that is illuminated automatically and does not require batteries. Uses the "White Flash Mini 1W LED lamp" that is illuminated automatically when it gets dark. * Applies only to the DX model.
White Flash Mini 1W LED Tentomushi Lamp
4. Cute, rounded pipe carrier
The rear carrier for loading goods has a new rounded shape. Conforms to Class 18 carrier specifications (maximum load of 18kg.)
Cute, rounded pipe carrier
5. "Double-sided stand" to prevent the bicycle from toppling over Uses a double-sided stand to provide stability when parked.
6. Terry saddle fitted with crystal-designed studs
The fashionable and comfortable Terry saddle has been fitted with crystal-designed studs. * Applies only to the Pop Line model.
7. The key, the brake wires, the saddle and the lamp are accented in pink
The pink accents are sure to appeal to high school girls. This casual sense of cuteness draws the attention and provides the bicycle with a fashionable feel.
* Applies only to the Pop Line model (the brake wires are only accented on the P.X. Scenic Black model.)
The key, brake wires, saddle and lamp accented in pink
8. Complete with a three-year bicycle theft compensation plan for peace of mind
The DX model, which is fitted with the Ippatsu-Nijyo function that locks the handlebars when the rear wheel is locked, also comes complete with our three-year bicycle theft compensation campaign, which guarantees that in the event of the bicycle being stolen the victim will be compensated with the same model for a compensation handling charge of just 3,150yen (including tax.)