|December 15, 2010|
|The Bestselling Albelt Bicycle for Commuting to School Now on Sale in a More Durable and Comfortable Model|
end of December, Bridgestone Cycle Co., Ltd. (president: Keiji Watanabe)
released on nationwide sale the new
version of the Albelt school commutation bicycle with a stronger frame
and improved functions added to the original
aluminum frame and belt drive.
Mirai Shida will perform the role of the bicycle's image character for
the third consecutive year.
The CM song will also be produced by Aiko in the same way as before.
The bestselling Albelt school commutation bicycle will also receive concentrated
advertising on television, in magazines and on websites.
< The Main Theme for this Year's Albelt>
The main theme for this year's Albelt is durability and comfort.
The durability of the frame, which represents the skeleton of the bicycle, has been improved with the use of tough aluminum that is 30% stronger than conventional aluminum and to which Class 27 rear carriers (with a maximum weight capacity of 27kg) can be fitted. The shock absorption of the grips has also been improved with the use of a soft material in order to eradicate a sense of pain caused by vibrations when riding long distances to school or work, and this provides even higher levels of overall riding comfort. The tires of the Royal Class models are also fitted with puncture protectors to reduce the possibility of punctures when riding over glass or gravel. We will be putting much weight behind promoting this model on television, in magazines and on the Internet as an important model for 2011 spring demand.
< New Functions and Features>
1. "Tough aluminum frame" with 30% increased strength over conventional models The frame, which represents the skeleton of the bicycle, has been improved with the use of tough aluminum that is 30% stronger than conventional aluminum and to which Class 27 rear carriers (with a maximum weight capacity of 27kg) can be fitted. This has improved overall durability.
2. Newly-developed "Super Comfort Grip II" for improved vibration absorption
The area of the soft parts of the grips has been increased over conventional models to improve absorption of the vibrations caused by the road surface, and this provides a more comfortable and gentle grip. Riding over long distances to school and work is now an enjoyable event.
3." Mighty Road Plus Tire" (Front Wheel) and "Long-life Plus Tire" (Rear Wheel) for Stronger Protection Against Punctures The tires of the Royal Class models are fitted with puncture protectors to reduce the possibility of punctures when riding over glass or gravel.
<Highly-Acclaimed Functions Inherited from Previous Models>
1. "White flash double-power Tentoumushi" (White flash double-power light) using high-luminance white LEDs to improve safety when cycling at night Equipped with a white flash double-power light using two high-luminance 1W LEDs to improve safety when cycling at night. The use of LEDs that do not require light bulbs means that the user no longer has to worry about blown bulbs, and they light up immediately even at walking pace. They are stored away neatly beneath the basket to make for a compact design.
2."Ippatsu Nijyo"(Simultaneous front and rear double lock) and "three-year bicycle theft compensation Campaign."
When the rear wheel is locked, a connecting wire that runs through the frame head also locks the handlebars so that two locks are applied with a single touch. The lock uses a dimple key that is difficult to pick, which greatly increases theft-resistance in comparison to conventional bicycles. Our "three-year bicycle theft compensation campaign" also guarantees that in the event of the bicycle being stolen the victim will be compensated with the same model for a compensation handling charge of just 3,150yen (including tax.)
3. "Belt drive" using floating gears
Our in-house developed resin belt utilizing "floating gears" (made of aramid fiber with a tensile strength five times higher than metal) boasts superior maintenance-free capabilities, such as reduced shock to the legs when starting off, no rusting and no stretching, which occurs with chains, in order to enhance the cycling experience.
4. "The Super Comfort Saddle III" and "the Super Comfort Grips" for improved comfort Fitted with the Super Comfort Saddle III that uses a double layer consisting of low-rebound material and urethane to provide comfortable cycling (the standard model is equipped with the "Super Comfort Saddle II" made of foam.)
5. "Front roller brake" for enhanced safety in wet conditions (Albelt Royal Eight and Albelt Royal only) "The front roller brake" ensures smooth stopping even in the rain when braking performance is weakened to provide extremely high levels of safety.
6. "The Solar Tail Lamp II" recharged by solar power (Albelt Royal Eight and Albelt Royal)
The light sensor and vibration sensor detect conditions when riding in the dark, and the red LEDs begins to flash. As two of these lamps begin to flash, it improves visibility of both sides of the cycle and consequently improves safety when cycling at night. The flashing will continue for approximately forty seconds after coming to a halt to ensure safety when waiting for traffic lights to change. A rechargeable battery using a solar panel is built into the bicycle, and it will not require replacement for a long period of time. (The standard model uses the single LED type.)
7. "Kuuki Miharu-kun"(an Air Monitor function) (Albelt Royal Eight and Albelt Royal only)
A red indicator appears when the tires contain insufficient air pressure to inform the user at a glance that the tires need additional air. Pump up the tires until the red indicator disappears to complete the task. Maintaining suitable levels of air pressure at all times not only helps prevent punctures, it also extends the life of the tires.
8. "Ultra Super Tubes" that are more durable and of higher quality to prevent air leaks
Uses the durable "Ultra Super Tubes" with an amazing thickness of 1.5mm to prevent punctures and air leaks.
9. Fitted with the BAA (Bicycle Association Authorization) Mark
This model conforms to the BAA (bicycle safety standards) enacted by the Bicycle Association. The new BAA standards enacted in 2008 require that no parts contain toxic substances that can have adverse effects on the global environment.
Overview of the Albelt
1. Product Name: Albelt
2. Product Configuration and Price <Prices for all five types range between 54,800yen and 78,800yen>
3.Sales Area: Nationwide
4.Date of Release: End of December
5.Sales Target: 70,000 (Within one year of release)