Co., Ltd. (president: Keiji Watanabe) will release on sale the MarkRosa utility cross-bike, which is both stylish and perfectly suited to urban
lifestyles, at the end of January 2009.
bicycle that is kind to the environment and provides excellent foot-lighting.
This bicycle is part of our "Relaxy Bike Project", which advocates "fashionable
cycling lifestyles that take the environment into consideration."The
MarkRosa represents the
fourth new model in the series.
The MarkRosa was conceived
to cater to the people who are both "sports-conscious and fashion-conscious
and wish to ride bicycles that are sporty, casual
A full lineup of ten different frame colors is available for selection
in accordance with each individuals taste in fashion.
The mudguards and other practical accessories have been simplified
to match up with the concept of a sports bike and to provide a design
over which much attention has been paid.
Two different types of frame design are available; the horizontal frame
for men who prefer traditional form, and the staggered frame that is
easy to ride even for the ladies. Adding the ladies' model to the lineup
has enabled us to cater to a strong demand in recent years for a "casual
sports bike targeting ladies that can be used positively in everyday
Features of the MarkRosa
1. Two types of frame available: The horizontal
type (diamond-shaped) and the staggered type.
(1) Horizontal (Diamond-Shaped) Frame
A traditional form in which the top tube lies parallel with the ground.
A frame design that concentrates on the beauty of form. Although
the bicycle utilizes 26-inch wheels, the crossbar (distance from
the saddle to the handlebars) has been lengthened to create the sensation
of riding a 27-inch bicycle.
(2) Staggered Frame
The top tube has been lowered to create a frame that is easy to ride
by the ladies.
The sporty form makes this bicycle perfect for the ladies who wish
to actively incorporate cycling into their daily lifestyles.
2. 6-Speed Externally Mounted Transmission
(1) 6-speed gears to enhance the fun of sporty cycling on flat surfaces
(2) The transmission is mounted on the outside of the bicycle to
provide a sporty appearance.
3. Two bicycle types available for each frame design: The
"Tentoumushi (light) model" for practical use with automatic lamp
light-up, and the "eSPECIAL model" fitted with the sporty "emeters"
(1) The "Tentoumushi (light) model" is fitted with the "Tentoumushi (light)"
feature, which turns on the lights automatically when it gets dark.
The "White Flash Mini Tentoumushi (White Flash Mini light)" is a high-output
white LED that illuminates a wide area despite its compact size. The front
wheel also uses the newly-developed 28H "Smart Hub Dynamo Wheel" to provide
a high-quality finish that is perfectly suited to sports bikes.
(2) The "eSPECIAL model" is fitted with the "emeters" (*1) cycle meter complete
with a SNS function.
Equipped with the "emeters" cycle functions that not only provides information
on distance traveled, it also gives data on calories consumed and traveling
Connecting the "emeters" to a special web site via a PC enables the SNS function
to exchange information with other people.
(Designed for sports activities, its simple style and lightweight design
mean that it is not mounted in the "chain case" or "front carrier".)
(1) The "emeters" cycle meter was developed in-house by Bridgestone Cycle
Co., Ltd to record and save details on the distance and time traveled, the
traveling speed and the calories consumed on a daily basis.
(2) Connect it to a PC and manage your own cycling data graph on "the special
emeters website" (www.emeters.jp). Entering information on weight and body
fat in addition to the meter's measurement data provides the perfect tool
for health management.
(3) Registration to "the emeters website" is free of charge, and it allows
members to exchange information with other members in addition to managing
the traveling graph. The site is fully fitted with all functions required
to make friends and create any type of community you wish, as well as a wide
range of contents, such as the challenge function, the ranking function and
the cycling map function. The main feature of this is that the cycling data
for each member is intimately linked into the SNS function.
(4) Cycling predetermined distances earns the members "leafs," which are
eco-point units, to provide them with advice on their level of contribution
to the environment.
4. Fitted with a "chain case" and "mudguards" despite its
Fitted with a chain case and mudguards to ensure the rider always remains
fashionable. Both of these boast a simple form to add a trendy sense to their
(1) The "Wired Short Chain Case" that prevents trouser cuffs from getting
soiled matches the sporty design perfectly. (Not included on the eSPECIAL
(2) The mudguards are slim and functional and use "Flat Fender", which
places the emphasis on design.
5. An amazing ten different colors to choose from
A bicycle's color is an extremely important element that expresses individuality.
A total of ten wide-ranging colors are available, from chic tones through
to vivid tones.
6. Equipped with practical high-level functions in
addition to sports functions
(1) Equipped with a "Front Carrier" as standard to enable the optional
basket to be attached.
The eSPECIAL model does not have a front carrier (although baskets
can be fitted optionally.)
(2) Uses "the Sports Comfort Saddle II", which boats a sporty design
and superior cushioning effects.
(3) Equipped with a convenient "side stand" as standard for when parking.
(4) Uses "26 x 1-3/8 Center Slick Tires" to enhance the joy of sports
MarkRosa Horizontal (MK66DT)
MarkRosa Staggered (MK66ST)
Overview of the MarkRosa
1.Product Name: MarkRosa
2.Product Configuration and Price