|June 03, 2008|
Angelino, a Bicycle for Transporting Children
Equipped with a Reclining Seat to Provide Children with Safety and
Now on Sale
--A new easy-to-ride mini type has now been added to the lineup for mothers of short stature--
Bridgestone Cycle Co., Ltd. (president: Keiji Watanabe) has improved the function for lessening the force of impact in the event of the bicycle toppling over with children aboard and ensured greater stability with minimal wobbling with the Angelino bicycle for transporting children, which was released on nationwide sale on June 10.
Background behind the Development of the Angelino
This model is a part of the Angelino series, for which sales have grown by more than twenty percent annually, and it has been developed as a child care bike for young mothers to provide both safety and comfort for children.
This bicycle represents a full model change with the special child seat, which is fully equipped with a reclining function as standard to ensure improved safety and comfort.
This function improves comfort for children and increases field of vision for mothers to guarantee even higher levels of safety when cycling.
Also, in order to cater to the demand of mothers of short stature, we have also released the Angelino Mini bicycle that can be ridden by people up to five centimeters shorter than is usually possible with conventional models.
Features of the Angelino
1. "The Super Angel Seat 2.0", providing added safety and comfort for children based on scientific experiments.
A reclining function has been added to this new style of high-grade baby seat fully equipped with functions to provide safety and comfort, and it has evolved into a seat that guarantees superior levels of safety and comfort for children.
(1) Equipped with "Yuttari reclining"(a reclining seat) to provide safety and comfort for children.
The conventional 20-degree reclining angle has been extended to 30-degrees to prevent the child from being thrown forward and to provide greater levels of safety and comfort.
The reclining seat also provides a wider field of vision for the rider, which also improves safety.
The rear brake wire is imbedded into the frame to produce a sleek appearance.
(2) "The new style of flexible head guard" that protects the head has been enlarged to not only support the head with a larger cushion (made of urethane,) but also to provide greater levels of protection.
The head guard has been designed in a concave shape to prevent helmets coming into contact with it.
(3) "The sliding foot rest" is adjustable between six stages to match up with the natural growth of children.
(4) "Shikkari Yasashii safty belt"(The firm but gentle safety belt) fits securely over the shoulders to prevent children from standing up.
(5) The foot rest can be closed when a child is not on the bicycle to turn it into "a shopping basket function".
Super Angel Seat 2.0
2. Two major safety functions to prevent toppling when the bicycle is parked.
(1) The "Temotode Lock II" enables the handlebars to be locked and released swiftly and easily in the most natural manner without having to take the hands off the handlebars.
(2) "Super Rakuraku wide stand"(The Super Easy Wide Stand) has greater breadth to prevent the bicycle from falling over, and it can be operated with a simple touch of the foot to avoid unstableness when parking.
3. A Specially Designed Bicycle Supporting the Upbringing of Children by Guaranteeing Safety and Comfort
(1) An "Open Wide Frame" with a lightweight design that uses aluminum.
The bicycle can be easily mounted even when wearing a skirt, and the feet easily and swiftly be placed on the ground.
(2) The baby seat is situated at the center of gravity above the handle "Handle furafura teigen sekkei"(to minimize wobbling when a child is using the seat).
(3) The front wheel is 22 inches in size owing to the "low center of gravity design" that locates the baby seat as low as possible, and the rear wheel is 26 inches in size to facilitate comfortable traveling.
The Angelino Mini uses 22-inch wheels at the front and back to cater for mothers who are short in stature.
4.Fitted with the BAA (Bicycle Association Authorization) Mark
This model conforms to the BAA (bicycle safety standards) enacted by the Bicycle Association.
5.Full Safety and Anxiety-Free Support System
Safety support is provided anxiety-free with the Angelino Carefree Accident Insurance, which is valid for one year, and the Two Year Theft Compensation System. There is no charge for subscribing to either of these systems.
6.Equipped with Many Useful Functions
(1) The LEDs used on the "white flash slim battery lamp" are bright and have a long life.
(2) Fitted with a "pipe carrier" to prevent instability when heavy loads are placed on the rear carrier.
(3) The "new non-slip pedals" are finished in a material that prevents the soles of shoes from slipping.
7.Optional Parts That Enhance Comfort and Safety
(1) The child seat can be replaced with a special large-size basket (4,500 yen, including tax) when the child grows too large for it.
(2) The "Angel Rear Seat" (13,800 yen, including tax) is available for the Angelino Mini when children get too big for the front seat. The Angel Seat at the front should be replaced with the special large-size basket (4,500 yen, including tax) at this time.
(3) Helmets, raincoats (for adults and children,) cycle covers and windshields, etc., are also available.
Overview of the Angelino
1.Product Name: Angelino
2.Product Configuration and Price
4.Date of Release: June 10
5.Sales Target: 25,000 units (within one year of release)